During the early 1980s, a group of Rosewood community members identified the urgent need for local aged care. Following the establishment of a Committee and a community-wide fundraising effort, Cabanda opened its doors in 1987 as a 26-bed hostel.
Today Cabanda continues to be community owned and operated in Rosewood, where it is the largest employer in the town. The vision of residents living in a community with those they have known all their lives has been maintained.
Cabanda needs you!
Consider becoming Committee Member today.
- Membership of the Committee is open to all community-minded people from Rosewood and the surrounding District
- A voluntary Board of Directors, elected by the Committee, oversees strategic direction of the organisation
- The General Manager, appointed by the Board, is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the facility and ensuring that high standards of care are maintained
- The Board reports to the Cabanda Committee at meetings held three times a year in January, May and September
- The role of a Member at Committee meetings is to scrutinise the work of the Board to look at the achievements, financial reports and plans for the future and question appropriately
- This involvement requires just a few hours of your time each year
If you feel that you can contribute to your community through the Cabanda Committee, we would love to hear from you.