Cabanda Care, is a community owned, not for profit organisation that provides care services to the Rosewood & District community, on the outskirts of Ipswich. The service includes a 71 bed Residential Care Facility, 52 Retirement Village units, a Day Respite Centre, Home Care Packages, Transport and Meals on Wheels. A voluntary Board of which the General Manager is a member, makes informed decisions about the strategic direction of the organisation. The General Manager plans and oversees the operational management of the service.
Due to retirement, we are looking for a General Manager. The role requires the multidisciplinary leadership and management of approximately 140 full and part time staff as well as 35 volunteers and reports directly to the Board of Directors. The right applicant will demonstrate strong leadership skills with a vision of strategic growth and continuous delivery of high level Aged Care whilst keeping up to date with new legislation, accreditation requirements and budget targets.
Your responsibilities include:
- Day to day operation of Cabanda Care services maximizing outcomes from a Consumer Directed Care focus.
- Human resource management including staff recruitment, orientation, training and performance management as well as the management of volunteer workers.
- The maintenance of a safe working environment in accordance with Work Health and Safety legislation.
- Management of administrative tasks and related requirements to meet State and Commonwealth regulations which involves equipment, buildings, client care, environment, internal and external services.
- Compliance with all legislative requirements, accreditations and funding guidelines.
- Preparation and presentation of the annual budget to the Board for approval in association with the Finance Manager.
- Working with key stakeholders and the Board in researching and developing the strategic framework for maximising occupancy – including the Residential Facility, Day Respite, Home Care and Independent Living Units.
To be considered for the position, you will be a leader who demonstrates extensive experience at an operational leadership level across Healthcare. You will ideally possess a clinical / Allied Health background with a proven track record in embedding clear strategic and operational frameworks across multiple divisions.
This role offers potential for you to work autonomously, capturing and nurturing your staff’s skills to display the high workmanship skills you possess. This is a unique opportunity to be a part of the success of Cabanda’s future and therefore our community. Please email your resume or if you would like a more detailed position description to firstname.lastname@example.org.