Cabanda Care provides Residential High and Low Respite Care. To be eligible for admission to Cabanda’s Respite Care, prospective residents require a current Aged Care Assessment (ACAT).
The primary purpose of residential respite is to give a carer or care recipient a break from their usual care arrangements.
Residential respite may be used on a planned or emergency basis.
Care recipients are entitled to 63 days of subsidised respite care in a financial year; however recipients may apply to an ACAT for extensions of up to 21 days for various reasons.
Fees and Charges
Fees are calculated on an individual basis following the Department of Health and Ageing guidelines. Fee Information can be viewed at:
Visit: My AgedCareServices
Accommodation Pricing for Cabanda’s room types can be viewed at:
Visit: RACF Accommodation Pricing
If you would like to know more about Residential Care, contact Cabanda Care on 07 5464 2392 or you can read more on the My Aged Care website Residential Respite (Short Stays in Aged Care Homes)
Why Choose Us
- All resident rooms have ensuites.
- Meals are served in communal dining rooms.
- Hospitality services include meals, laundry and cleaning.
- Couples rooms available with ensuite.
- Free counselling by a clinical Psychologist.
- Exercise program 3 sessions per week.
- Pain management with physiotherapists.
- Registered nurses and the care staff provide personal and clinical care.
- Activity program provides both individual and group activities.
- Garden program.
- Buses are wheelchair accessible.
- Weekly bus trips to surrounding places of interest.
- Cooking programs for resident.
- Happy hour.
- In House clothes shopping change of season.
- In house hairdressing and beauty salon.
- Close to emergency services – Police, Fire, and Ambulance.
- Onsite parking / off street parking.
- Documented emergency plans.
- Onsite generator.
- Electric train line Rosewood to Brisbane.
- Monthly newsletter.
- WiFi available.
- Hall hire to families to hold special events.
- Catering for family events.
- Onsite coffee shop and meal.